Excellent little video the explains in simple terms the many problems with our consumer society and why we can’t continue on this path of destruction.
story of stuff
I saw this sign a few weeks ago at a local middle school and took this photo, because I really liked the sign. Today I found out that this sign actually represents a class project at the Northbridge Middle School, in Massachusetts. A Grade Eight Language Arts Class answered this question in an amazingly mature and insightful way. The class created a poem, sited film shots, and recruited a parent to assist in editing. The end product is extremely impressive and should gives us all hope for today’s youth. People viewing the clip results in a charity donation to their specified cause “Autism Speaks”.
Finally, Pastafarians get some serious attention!
Religious scholars mull Flying Spaghetti Monster
When some of the world’s leading religious scholars gather in San Diego this weekend, pasta will be on the intellectual menu. They’ll be talking about a satirical pseudo-deity called the Flying Spaghetti Monster, whose growing pop culture fame gets laughs but also raises serious questions about the essence of religion…
Got to see Hillary speak in Boston this month. She was awesome; smart,
experienced, caring, but also tough when necessary. She would not only make
history, she would make a great president.
10 Reasons To Support Hillary Clinton for President and help make history.
1. To end the war in Iraq
2. To achieve universal, affordable health care
3. To create good jobs for middle-class Americans with the right investments in modern infrastructure and in new clean, energy-efficient technologies that reduce our dependence on foreign oil and combat global warming
4. To provide world-class education, from universal pre-kindergarten to affordable college for all
5. To promote 21st Century scientific innovation, including stem cell research
6. To return to fiscal responsibility, move back toward a balanced budge, and safeguard Social Security and Medicare for future generations
7. To restore competence and end cronyism in government, with a President who cares about and works for Americans who have been invisible to this Administration
8. To combat terrorism, strengthen our military, and care for our veterans
9. To restore America’s standing in the world and repair our alliances
10. To build a more tolerant, united America, working to achieve big goals again, with a President who’s Ready for Change and Ready to Lead from day one.
Aaron’s Tracheostomy Page was mentioned in this week’s issue of US News & World Report:
Parents and other caregivers, after all, are the most motivated to pour their hope and energy into the hunt. Aaron’s Tracheostomy Page (www.tracheostomy.com) is run by Cynthia Bissell, a registered nurse and mother of three disabled children in Grafton, Mass. Aaron, a twin who is now 14, had developed scar tissue in his airway as a premature newborn, related to steps taken to support his lungs. After that, he needed a permanent hole in his windpipe—a tracheostomy—to help him breathe. Bissell found no online resources to help her manage her son’s “trache” day to day, so she launched the site. It has the information she was looking for, as well as a medical glossary and links to other resources. And the site hosts bustling message boards where participants boost one another’s spirits and ask for advice; parents recently debated two approaches to trachea reconstruction. “It has been part of my therapy for the last 10 years,” says Bissell.
Read full article here: “When a Child Truly Needs the Best“